Wazo Platform 20.08 Released
Hello Wazo Platform community!
Here is a short review of the Wazo Platform 20.08 release.
New features in this release
- Calls: Wazo Platform is now able to emulate the pressing of DTMF keys via a REST API call. This makes remote-controlling a physical phone more transparent.
- Presences: In Wazo 20.08, the presence status of users takes into account the multiple channels for the same line to determine its state.
- Directories: In Wazo 20.08, reverse lookup will search through conference numbers. While not very useful when an incoming call arrives, it allows interrogating the system to know "what was that number I talked to the other day?".
- Provisioning: We have improved the documentation about physical devices that are supported by Wazo Platform. You can see the new version here: https://wazo-platform.org/uc-doc/ecosystem/supported_devices. This list is auto-generated, which makes it easier to maintain over time and to keep in sync with what the provisioning plugins can do. Let us know what you think!
- Asterisk: Asterisk was upgraded to 17.4.0. See the Asterisk release announcement
- Performance: We will continue removing the use of encryption of internal communication between some Wazo components
- Directories: We are adding a GraphQL API in wazo-dird to reduce the number of requests and improve performance.
- SIP lines and trunks: We are currently rewriting the SIP configuration API to match PJSIP options and be multi-tenant
For more details about the aforementioned topics, please see the roadmap linked below.
See you at the next sprint review!
Comments or questions in this forum post.