Wazo Platform 19.17 Released
Hello Wazo Platform community!
Here is a short review of the Wazo Platform 19.17 release.
New features in this sprint
- Directories: In wazo-dird, a new HTTP endpoint has been added to retrieve multiple contacts in one request when you only know their contact UUID
- Trunks: A new HTTP resource has been added to list the status of all trunks, including their registration status and the number of current calls
- Call center: After and agent and a skill were associated or dissociated via the REST API, the modification was not applied in Asterisk automatically.
- Websocket: The number of events processed by wazo-websocketd has been significantly reduced by ignoring all technical messages coming from the Asterisk AMI
- Presences: Fixed initialization when non-PBX users have refresh tokens
- Call logs: When a call was placed to a call group, answered then hung up, the call log genration of that call consumed a lot CPU time
- Trunks: Fixed a bug that made a trunk stop trying to reconnect after a failed attempt due to missing configuration options in wazo-confgend
- Asterisk: Asterisk was updated from 16.6.1 to 16.6.2 (security fix)
- Phone directories: All wazo-dird phone plugins that handled specific directories for physical phones have been migrated to wazo-phoned
- Google integration: wazo-dird Google backend now filters out e-mail contacts automatically generated by Google
- DAHDI: DAHDI is not longer an explicit dependency of Wazo. It is now an optional component that should only be installed when server-side telephony hardware is used.
- Performance: The CPU usage of wazo-websocketd has been reduced significantly
- Switchboard: We are working on improving the switchboard call flow response time
- Reliability: We are improving the stability of the platform in different scenarios: high number of users, temporary loss of one of Wazo services, high number of API calls / events...
- SBC: We are adding new blocks in Wazo Platform to handle more calls and improve security. Kamailio is the core of those new features and will serve as a Session Border Controller (SBC) and SIP router to multiple Asterisk instances
- Monitoring: We are adding a new HTTP resource to retrieve the status of user telephony lines (disconnected, available, on call...)
For more details about the aforementioned topics, please see the roadmap linked below.
See you at the next sprint review!