Wazo Platform 20.02 Released
3 February 2020
Hello Wazo Platform community!
Here is a short review of the Wazo Platform 20.02 release.
A security issue has been fixed that allowed the database of the engine to be accessed remotely when the following conditions were met:
- Engine configured as a slave
- Engine installed using ansible
- Engine in version 19.12 to 20.01
If your installation matches all of these conditions you MUST upgrade or execute this script on your engine.
New features in this sprint
- Phones: We have added a provisioning plugin for Fanvil X Series phones, supporting 12 new phones models.
- REST API: A new REST API has been added to mute or unmute an arbitrary call. This allows a better control of physical phones from the REST API.
- Mobile applications: Two new kinds of push notifications are sent to FCM (Android) or APNS (iOS) when a call has been answered or cancelled from another line than a mobile line. This allows a better handling of calls for mobile applications developed for Wazo Platform.
- REST API: We have allowed some of our services to serve the REST API using HTTP instead of HTTPS. This will allow us to remove any unnecessary encryption for communication within Wazo Platform.
- SIP: We are currently changing the SIP configuration API to match the PJSIP configuration
- Class 4: We are still improving the new blocks in Wazo Platform to handle more calls and improve security. Kamailio is the core of those new features and serves as a Session Border Controller (SBC) and SIP router to multiple Asterisk instances.
- Phones: We are improving provisioning for Yealink phones in a NAT environment.
For more details about the aforementioned topics, please see the roadmap linked below.
See you at the next sprint review!